Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Struggle

How to break free from these chains
When they bind my very heart, and what seems my very being
It feels of an addiction, It started as a choice
How did I let it get this far?
I've heard one say "How can it be wrong?"
But if it was right why is there disconnect from God

I had a taste this weekend
On how it is to feel again
Sunshine passed into this prison that I've built for myself
But I've forgotten how to love

When you've loved, truly loved and their backs turned and walked away
No goodbye...
When you've loved friends, and the return was their evanescence
When you want to love new friends
but you doubt that they care as much
How do I love again?

I want to follow the Way, with everything I am
but I've forgotten how to hear His voice

What does it mean to live? To love?
To know that so many are suffering and dying
Even while I write this thats on my heart
and yet feel helpless to do anything...
When I fear to even say His name

I want to love again
But I've forgotten how

No comments: