Friday, September 26, 2008

Give Me Moments to Show You

Beauty, the seed broken by sorrow and sadness
Beaten down, torn up, and thrown away
I have hid my feelings long
Fearing they will do me wrong
As echoes stir the silence
A broken heart makes

"This to shall Pass"
Continues its ring in my head
An empty promise built on more than ludicrous hopes
So, they lead me along
Caring isn't in their plan
The truth hurts, so here it is
A better world will never be seen
Watch as people kill for It
In the name of It

I'm not one to remember all that you've done
Evanesce and hear these words
Truth told in lies
The most beautiful brought to life
And the most evil, with the best intentions done

The human voice is different from other sounds
It can be heard over noises the bury everything else
Even when its not shouting, only a whisper
Even the quietest voice can be heard over armies
When it's telling the truth
So, here it is again
Mark the paradox of asking this masked man who he is
But heavy has this mask grown, so as to have forgotten who is underneath
So give me but minutes to show you who I really am...

No comments: