Tuesday, September 9, 2008

....the political dilemma

This morning while reading in 1 Corinthians I came across some verses that play upon what I have been struggling with when it comes to the upcoming election. The verses I am mentioning is 1 corinthians 3:18-23.
The reason I have been struggling with this is because I disagree highly with a large majority of people on what is truly necessary when it comes to political issues and I make many conservative Christians angry because I don't blindly follow a "conservative" Republican agenda, I anger many liberals because I disagree with several issues because the questionability of them morally. Anyway the reason why I struggle is so many people on both "sides", that I highly respect and trust tell me to vote this way or that, all while using the "lesser of two evils" argument. They boast in "their" candidate as someone who is wise or will establish better ways of running our country. Then again I believe God establishes the leaders he does for a reason, and even though we can't see it now, it turns around in the end.

1 comment:

he is Jason said...

"The lesser of two evils." That's what it always is in today's politics unless you take into account the third option. The Jesus option. The foreign policy is to turn the other cheek. The economic policy is based on jubilee ideals. The faith is placed in the Creator and Sustainer of the universe rather than a king or president. Welcome to the third way. Need some literature? I'll let you borrow some stuff, or at the very least recommend some.