Saturday, September 10, 2011

Moment of Artistry, A Touch of Poetry

My eyes drew open, and I gazed in that somber direction.
There will be no more dreaming as the day when death itself is undone.
No more dreaming like a boy so in love, I'm just a boy so in love with the wrong one.

I ran from the dawn, fought with the day, trapped now always in this twilight.
I went down to the river, praying that the water would give me answers.
But this, the water gave me:
Memories slipping through my fingers and a pocket full of heavy stones.

Oh, how I pity poor Atlas.
The world is such a beast of a burden,
When you've been holding on for such a time,
As I have been, to my defences.

There is love in my body, but I cannot get it out
Since the tenderest of touches have left the darkest of marks.
There is no excuse for the state I'm in, but I have found
The sweetest of words have the bitterest taste

Hence, saddness shows on my face, catches in my breath
And the space between two lungs swells as it burns
When I recall the love I held from the start.

No comments: