Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Psalm (27 June-Peru)

I have found that at times a source of good reflection and time with God comes in personalising/re-writing Psalms.
What follows is an example of this, specifically one while reflecting during my time in Peru.

You know my temptations and my struggles.
You know the words that scratch my soul like freshly sharpened knives.
You know the desires of my heart and the burdens to tough to carry on my own.
You know the words I long to say and halt the curses that seek their exit my mouth.
And you are with me always!

There to comfort me when I stumble, and to set me straight when I wander astray.
You have search my mind and know the lies that plague it.
You place light among them to show them for what they are.
Let me see that the monsters that haunt me are not but creatures to be squashed beneath my feet!

Inspiration: Psalm 139

No comments: