Saturday, September 21, 2013

I Swear I Lived

There was a day I remember. I remember it well.
I was young, feckless and wild, my heart set in stone
It was a day that the world seemed to open up to me.

And it all started, with nothing but a simple blessing.

My wise old one turned to me. He turned to me and said, "Mzadi. Child, don't you worry.
Even when is seems to be, you're not broken just bent.

Heaven has a plan for you, but it is not set in stone.  Take the steps and the paths of your life will wind their way before you.  Where ever your life takes you, this, this is my prayer:

'May you take that leap, and feel not the fall
That Fear falls out of breath behind you, and nothing to you seems pall
I hope that you fall in love, and that it hurts so bad
That the only way to know it was worth it was to give them all that you had

I hope that when the walls cave in and all those around you choose to run,
You hold your ground, standing alone amidst the rays of the sun
May you spend all of your days, but they all seem to add up
So when people cheer, its your name we hear, when they raise their glasses up.

I hope that you see the world and all it's wonders
That you see so many places, from the glories of the oceans, to the plains and their thunders

Mzadi, Child. I wish that I could be witness,
To all your joys and all your pains.
To always be there to catch you, and never leave you crying in the rain

I pray you never suffer, yet let pain be your guide.
For the worries of this life will ever teach you, bringing light to what's inside.

Own every second that this life could give
So that when anyone asks, you can say.

'I swear, I lived''"









No comments: