Thursday, September 5, 2013

Where My Place Is

I don't know where my place is
Cause where I once thought I knew all the answers, and held all the keys
Is the place where I lost you, somewhere on my knees

I thought I knew where my heart was
But where I once swam in a deep sea of forgiveness, and held all the love
Is the place where I'm drowning, looking for heaven above

It's a chemistry I'm bound to
Bouncing between the left and the right
Because when it wants what it wants, the heart will fight

I don't know what this taste is
Cause where I once feasted in friendship, and wrapped it in splendor
Is the place where heart feels reserved, have I filled it with cancer

I don't know what my use is
Where I once thought I felt all the passion, and held a desire to follow
Is the place where I'm wondering, why everything feels so hollow

It's a chemistry I'm bound to
Turns out, I needed you now much more then you need me
Because when it wants what it wants, the heart will flee

No comments: