Monday, September 14, 2015

Of Stardust and Sand

When I was young. There was a song I used to know.  
It lightened me up and made me glow.

As I grew, it's tune did change, 
and I discovered the clarity of it's full range.

The days continued to flow. 
and the strength of it's tune challenged me and made me grow.

"Man is born free," it used to say to me.  
"Equal and free. Born into dignity."

Every one born with reason and conscience. 
In the land of the Dream; full of hope and of promise.

But that dream; it turned sour, 
As the men who touted it fell abuses of fame and of power.

That song all but faded, 
It's true meaning no longer bolstered, nor paraded.

The tune diminished in sound, 
As the deep beats of fate marched it into the ground.

For the boy from the beginning is now but a man.
Made of only his wits, stardust and sand.

No comments: