Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Serenity in Silence?

I'm a silent person. Ok, I can see a few eyebrows, I know I can be outgoing and stuff at times but the more I think about it....I'm rather...well quiet.
The problem: When is it beneficial and when is it detrimental?
Tough question, uber amounts of introspection on this one.
I guess the major thing that has kick started this scrutiny of self has been the recent confront that my reservedness has caused people to believe me to have either hostility or a dislike of them.
I don't like that. Period.
I'm a people pleaser, I hate to pain people in any manner....and I especially dislike people thinking I don't care...
The fact is
I do care, simply, I am shy, under-confident, and defiantly afraid of rejection


The rejection part I just need to just plain get over....its going to happen. The rest has been far from easy.
My recent stumbling block to silence:
Proverbs 12 with Prodigal John's beautiful commentary of this chapter.
There is so much in there on this subject ill have to post on individually what they mean to me.

"But I am not silenced by the darkness, Nor deep gloom which covers me." - Job 23v.17

No comments: