Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Come This Far

We have come to it at last; induction. A time of expectation, celebration, and an oath of responsibility and commitment. Although I have the thrill of adventure and the excitement of the new before me, there is still a heavy weight of fear and anticipation. ‘Am I ready for this?’ clouds my thoughts.

Then I came across Henry Nouwen and his prophetic words, “Make the conscious choice to move the attention of your anxious heart away from the ‘waves’ and direct it to the One who walks on them.”

Bam.

I am reminded of David as he was faced with the doubts of King Saul that he can face Goliath and succeed. His reply; “As a shepherd, I have killed the lion and the bear that have come after my father’s sheep, what more can this Philistine, who threatens the people of the God-of-the-Angel-Armies, do to me?”

Look from where I have come! I have faced numerous challenges, and struggles, many of which few people will ever face, especially being only 23, and have overcome. What more is this next step that is ahead of me when I have He-Who-Created with me?

I’m not telling you it is going to be easy, I’m saying it is going to be worth it.

No comments: