Wednesday, November 7, 2012

If I Could Tell You (Would You Hold Onto Me?)

Time and time again I’ve wrestled my thoughts, uncertain if this end I’ve come to was right or wrong.
I won’t try to pretend I’ve got it all figured out, that I don’t have any doubts.
I’ve gotta busted heart, I need you now.

I wanna tell you that it’s alright. I’m tired of telling lies.
It’s ok. It will be ok.
I wanna travel back in time, to say all the things I should have said...
...to have been who I should have been.

I wanna tell you everything. If it’s not too late. Is it too late?
Will you be there if I told the truth? Or will you leave me standing in the rain?

If I say it’s who I am, will you love me still the same? Or will you walk away?
I understand if you’re afraid, but people change. Understanding changes

Will you talk with me? Tell me I’m not alone? Will you still hug me and tell me I belong?
For so long I’ve felt like I’ve been here all alone. Pushing on a pull door.

I long for the time when all is healed, and hopefully love’s to blame.

1 comment:

Edlytheterrible said...

NATHAN!!!! this post is kinda depressing! =[ you ok? <3