Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Rushing Flood, A White Water Bloom


There is an incredible thought forming in my mind.
A deep, dark and maddess within me; the fear of being left behind.

Slow and steady, foot by foot. To let it go, you have to keep moving.
Marching on, one foot in front of the other.

This road is long, and I hope it leads to heaven
'cause right now it seems to run straight through miles of clouded hell.

This is what I meant, when that I said that I was spent and I never wanted to let you down.
I'm sorry, so sorry if I let you down, it's not what I intended.
But our best laid plans slip away between shaken and feeble hands.

I know you don't understand, I don't always myself, but I can't change who I am.
You might not like me anymore, I'm not completely like I was before.
This house didn't burn down slowly, so I was forced to sell.

I try, but always seem to break, cause this uphill battle always lasts so long.
but this is me, this is my love, this is where I have to sleep.

The rain will fall again, this I know, and the sun to shine again.
It brings life; strength and power.
Bringing with it a rushing flood, a white water bloom.

Please, don't you worry!
All these problems aside, I think you taught me well.

Ghosts, though they come, howling, continuing to reappear
I've been given the torch, that leads lost souls from fear.

Passing the wondering eyes of the ones who choose to be left behind.
Turning my back to the sea, now painted red with sorrow
I face the mountains once stacked with fear.

I will climb and stand atop that mountain
To overcome the creatures that lurk below in the dark
cause he's the king and I desire to be the Lionheart.

No comments: