Monday, February 23, 2015

Good Beginnings

Its good beginnings that make a positive difference. It's our Birthings that matter.
How we begin to perceive our bodies own abilities
Events that shake and shape us,
To feel our first impressions of the greater, wider world.

Naturally placed upon us, or thrown upon us like a knife in surgery
Trials are the reformers that we lack.
Having done away with rites and rituals, how do we draw that line in the sand
and cross over to the new Us?

Good god, let me give you my life.
Used to everyone's disapproval, this is all I can do.
When my back is sore from the labours.
Trying to keep the starving faithful in their stables

If there's one thing that I've learned, it's the comeback
It's not in the fall, you have to reach for it all.
We were born sick they say, creatures of darkness and treachery.
Pagans of the good-times.

Command me, Command me to be well
Only then I can be clean, can I be faithful.
How was I to know?
I hate to see hearts break

If there is one thing for me to learn, it's humility
Not that tomorrow will bring me new opportunities
The cold reality's that nothing is there for me.
I'm not scared to hurt anymore, I'm scared I won't feel the pain.



No comments: