Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mama Never Told Me

Mama never told me there would be days like these.
When you're pushed so hard you fall to your knees.

No longer able to tell what's wrong from right,
When this knot between my ribs is strung up tight

Tomorrow seems but way too far away
All I can dream for, is what was yesterday

Reminiscence has become a shameful and shadowy thing
Indicating the lacking of a grateful being

So I will wrestle with my trembles and turn them to rages.
For troubles come and go that will seem to last for ages.

I will bear the eyes to stare without recoil,
At the sadness in this life, full to bursting with blood and toil.

'Cause your head is full of sadness and your heart full of pain.
When you feel like all that's going on is you're drowning in the Game

Take this moment, yes, take this chance
Fill your heart, and risk to dance.

Bare it to the world that rejects you
and embrace humanity's fall completely, through and through

That little demon that stops brave men in their tracks
Failure - the one that leaves the heart open with a couple cracks


No comments: