Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Beautiful Struggle

I wasn't always one just for thinking,
So I always had something to believe in.
Could never understand the belief
That nothing was even out there.

Now I've seen and heard stories
Of people without love, hope and glory;
Punching holes in everything I used to take for granted.

I can't be sure of the way that I am anymore.

Here is a beautiful struggle;
One between who I am now and who I once was.
An attempt to balance the things I've newly discovered
and the things I've know for a long time but never publicly uncovered

Truly there are things that I feel, that I can't conceive.
Of duty and faith and a new way to grieve,
I see a whole new world, one full of beauty and of pain.
Yet, I feel hope running through me

But I can't reconcile with the doubts that are within me.

Yet I've come to learn that life
Isn't simply waiting for the storm of strife
To lift its wicked head, but learning to dance amidst the rain.

No comments: