Saturday, March 9, 2013

Far from Heaven

Seems like not very long ago it was a fever.
I was a cold-sweat, hot-headed Believer
I'd through my hands in the air and say, "Show me something."
and He'd say, "I dare you to come closer."

Not sure how to feel anymore
There was something in the way I used to feel You move.
It made me feel like I couldn't live without you.
I wanted You to stay

Now around and around and around I go
Not sure, now what I should know.
When now it doesn't feel like much of a life that I'm living
I didn't want it to be something taken, simply given.

I'm not really sure how to feel about it all
There's something about the way I'm moving
It's making me feel like I can live without you
It's taking me away

The reason I hold on
It's cause I need this hole gone
Can you recognise me?
Something's gone inside me and I can't get it back

I wait with good intentions, but I feel like I'm too far gone
It's funny when you're the broken one and needing saving,
looking the light, it's hard to know when you're caving.

No comments: