Thursday, March 21, 2013

Shadows At the Foot of My Door


I can see the shadows at the foot of my door.
Hoping and praying that I don't have to fight them anymore.

When, in times like these, I wake from panicked sleep.
My heart racing with the time is has to keep.

I don't know how to live in THIS world anymore
After having wandered from this shore.

I used to stand firm in a world full of belief.
Now my world's been left in shambles at the hands of a thief.

Is this the nature of the broken?
Left to wonder searching for this Spirit of the Chosen.

Or do I now just stand alone?

A journey through which to find a purpose
While feeling the weight of it all seeming worthless.

These roads don't show the answers, in this,
The middle of my reckoning time.

1 comment:

ersweeden@gmail.com said...

Oh,Nathan,
I just finished reading your posts and am sorry to hear that you are no longer working with the Peace Corp assignment. I must apologize for being "silent" for about the past 6 months, but though I haven't corresponded during that time I have prayed for your safety, etc. many times each day and also at night when I would awaken. I very much would like to continue to keep in touch. A church friend from Santa Rosa, Evelyn Sweeden