Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Two Shades of Hope

There are two shades of Hope.
One the enlightening of the soul, the other, more like a hang man’s rope.
It keeps us going, striving for the impossible.
It’s why love hurts, and heartache stings
I can’t help myself but to hope.

It’s written on my soul, Hope’s what we crave
Yet Hope deals the hardest blows:
It gives reason to live, to rise above, and to love again
yet brings despair in death, and hollows the soul

Hope’s what we crave, that will never change;
Just the drop of grace needed to carry us through the day,
And the heavy blow that turns us to dust
Let the drops of tears turn to rust and give me the spark to believe

Hope, she sleeps without me
Her dreams though, they surround me.
They lift me, drop me, fill me up and leave me hollow;
dancing the dance, twirling and reeling between
the two shades of Hope.

No comments: