Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stars

I wish I could describe the stars at several thousand feet.
The unpolluted, all-consuming wonder they bring.

Millions of pin-pricks twinkling with hope, pierce the inky blackness surrounding me.

The crisp, thin air that already labours my breathing, cannot compare to the manner with which they take my breath away.

The arm of the galaxy lazily floats transverse, a trail blazed by millions of years, a glimmering haze in the darkness.

Constellations I am not used to, dance their balled across the sky.
The ones un-named to me, them the western world has no myths for.

The howling and chirping of unfamiliar animals sing their melody but they cannot capture the symphony echoing from my heart.

Praise that would not be coherent in words, You, the stillness I rest in.

I wish I could describe the stars at several thousand feet.

No comments: